Fire Safety Tips for Your Household Dryer
At SERVPRO of Western Lehigh County we care about your safety of you and your family. Dryer safety is important to know. Not maintaining a dryer properly can result in a potential fire hazard. Here are some tips to keep your dryer safe from any potential fire, and keep your family safe.
- Have a professional install and repair the dryer
- Do not use the dryer without a lint filter
- Always clean the lint filter before/after loads
- Clean any loose or accumulating lint in and around the drum
- Rigid or flexible metal should be used in venting for proper use and drying for the dryer
- If clothing takes longer than usual check the vent pipe for any possible blockages
- Never leave a dryer left on during the night while sleeping or when away from your home
These are great tips to follow and a great way to prevent fire happening in the home. Although it is our job to help mitigate and restore after a fire. SERVPRO of Western Lehigh County would much rather have everyone be safe and not see someone have to deal with fire damage.