Fire Safety Tips
Fires can be devastating to you and your family. Here are some tips for fire safety:
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home.
- Make sure to change the batteries of the smoke detectors.
- Always practice your escape plan with your family, including your pets.
- If a fire occurs, escape your house as soon as possible and never go back inside for anything or anyone.
- Don’t leave burning candles unattended.
- Secure your wires out of sight of your pet, as you do not want them to mistake them for a chew toy.
According to the American Red Cross, the leading cause of a fire is cooking fires. Always be mindful when you are cooking. You should always stay in the kitchen when you are cooking, such as frying, grilling or broiling food.