Did you know if you do not maintain your dryer properly, it can be a potiential fire hazard. Here are some of our tips to keep your family safe.
- Have a professional install and repair the dryer
- Do not use the dryer without a lint filter
- Always clean the lint filter before/after loads
- Clean any loose or accumulating lint in and around the drum
- Rigid or flexible metal should be used in venting for proper use and drying for the dryer
- If clothing takes longer than usual check the vent pipe for any possible blockages
- Never leave a dryer left on during the night while sleeping or when away from your home
These are great tips to follow and a great way to prevent fire happening in the home. Although it is our job to help mitigate and restore after a fire. SERVPRO of Western Lehigh County would much rather have everyone be safe and not see someone have to deal with fire damage.