It is very easy to forget that you left the iron on went to bed with a lit candle and forgot but house fires should be taken very seriously. No one knows that more than SERVPRO of Allentown and Western Lehigh County. We know the process to get you back on your feet can be tough not to mention the danger it brings to you and your family.
Here are some tips to prevent a common house fire.
- Stay in the kitchen. Don't leave a hot cooking surface unattended.
- Check the dryer.
- Maintain electrical cords.
- Know your shutoffs.
- Store flammable products properly.
- Be careful with candles.
- Be a conscientious smoker.
- Use the fireplace responsibly.
Fires start very easy and can you guess the most common way?
Appliances, Heaters, & Children Playing with Fire
Other common causes of home fires include overuse of appliances, home heating systems, and children playing with fire. Faulty or over-used appliances can easily cause a fire with just a few sparks.
Where are home fires most likely to start? Home fires are more likely to start in the kitchen than any other room in the home. The second leading cause of home fires are heating sources like wood stoves, and fireplaces. Fires caused by smoking are the leading cause of deaths.
Take this advice and use this information as a learning experience.