Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Damage can strike at any moment, and taking the right safety precautions until SERVPRO of Western Lehigh County arrives is very important.
- Make sure it is safe to stay in your home or business. If not make sure to exit to a safe location.
- Look out for any electrical or slip and fall hazards as they post the biggest concerns.
- Only perform activities that can be done safely. Do not put yourself or others at risk.
- Be cautious with wet materials as they are normally heavy, and could cause injury if not moved correctly.
SERVPRO of Western Lehigh County will respond to any water damage as quickly as possible, but following these tips in the mean time will keep you out of harms way.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (610) 776-7774
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.